Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Blue isn't my color






I was walking around good old Walmart the other day and I couldn't help but notice the people working there. I started thinking to myself (how did  this become their life?) How did they end up doing the monotonous job of scanning item after item, day after day. When these people walking around in their blue vests were little I doubt they got up in class and said "I want to be a Walmart cashier when I grow up." (stylish as the blue vests may be) I don't think anyone wants to aspire to that.  What happened to that childhood dream? What happened to being a doctor, or being an astronaut, or a famous cook on a cooking show? I can't see these people having a real passion for price checks. I wonder what stopped them? I decided right then and there that would never be my life. I have to follow my dreams. I have to be a fashion designer, an artist, the best hairstylist, a dancer, own several companies, and change the whole world. I don't care how long it takes. I don't care how hard it gets. I don't care who says I can't, or what obstacles come my way. I will always follow that dream. I will never settle for less. I will never be content in one of those blue vests, and even if life brings me to that I will never stop trying or striving for more.

The day you lose sight of your dreams and passion is the day you cease to really live. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree Tilly... Very well said. Alot of people just settle into a funk and can't get out... They over-extend themselves on bills and shiiz and then they're trapped. They have to keep that stupid monotonous job forever.. Not a good way to go. Keep dancing and being you.

    ReplyDelete