Friday, April 13, 2012

.... And so she danced.


The eternal bathroom..

Dancing is the reason I became Tilly.  Mom had heart problems growing up and Dad and I have never been close.  I didn't really have anyone to  talk to so any emotion I had  I let out through dancing. I had a bathroom that had two huge mirrors on both sides I called it the eternal bathroom, because when you look in one mirror you see the other and it goes foreverrrr. I would turn on my headphones and dance in it for hours. When my grandma died I danced to songs that reminded me of her. When I made cheer leading, when I was grounded for bad grades, when my boyfriend dumped me, when my mom would lecture me, when my dad would yell at me, when I lettered in art, when my painting won the art contest. Whenever I felt an emotion and didn't have,or couldn't share it with anyone - I danced. Dancing so much helped me develop my own style and since I put all of my emotion into it  I got pretty good. People noticed and would compliment me on it. The first time I ever felt special or admired was when I was dancing. Dancing gave me the confidence to be in front of crowds, and people. It is the one thing I can always feel comfortable doing no matter where I am or who is around. If you are having a bad day or going through a rough spot. I always suggest doing something your really good at. Weather it is sports, or playing music, or drawing, or math problems, or cooking, let that be your outlet. Not only did it make me feel better, but it helped me take out my problems and emotions in a positive way instead of turning to drinking or drugs. Also putting all your emotion into anything will help you excel at that, and for me it's shaped my life and created opportunities I could never have imagined....

1 comment:

  1. Tilly I think you're an insperation to a TON of people. I don't know you personally, just one of the many "recommended" friends on Facebook, but from everything you've posted and from what people say about you (yeah, even the creepy guys), you definitely seem like one of the genuinely awesome people in the world! I had a similar experience as yours in regards to dancing, it seemed the one place that nothing could phase me. Ha ha I'm a few years younger than you and most guys my age were loud and boisterous about sports n' what not, but I just escaped through music and dance. Anyways, you're doing awesome for yourself, glad to see that you're happy :D

    ReplyDelete