Monday, April 23, 2012

Part of The Secret that rocked my world.






I was sitting in my psychology class just staring at my notebook my mind wasn't blank it was actually over flowing. We had just finished watching a movie about The Secret. The movie is basically talking about the law of attraction and the power we have over our lives. Our thoughts positive or negative shape our world. Many people have heard the saying "when it rains, it pours." basically saying when something goes wrong it seems like everything goes wrong. Unhappiness attracts unhappy things, Positive thinking attracts more positive things :) and so on. I had heard it all before, but it was the assignment that we were  given that rocked my world, and in a way changed my whole life. The professor explained that to be able to attract things into our lives we had to first know what we wanted.  He said he wanted us to write down everything we wanted. Where do I even start?.....


At the time I was living with my boyfriend, my parents had cut me off, and although he took amazing care of me  I myself personally had nothing...


I started writing things down, I started with little things. Things I wanted that day, (an iced coffee, tacos for dinner, a bubble bath, etc..) and I just kept going.. I kept thinking of bigger things. ( I want to work at a beautiful salon, I want to go to vegas for my birthday.) and I kept going I wrote things I would probably never be able to have due to my circumstances in life ( I want to dance for v2, I want a car, I want my own place, I want a dog, I want a boob job, I want to change the world, I want to have my own clothing line, I want blonde hair, etc.) My list was 7 pages long... single spaced.


After I had finished writing my list the professor had everyone close their eyes and asked us to Imagine having everything we had written down. What it would feel like. What it would taste like. What it would smell like. What it looked like. Everything about it. I laid my head down on my desk and let my mind go crazy. I imagined what the coffee would taste like, how the bubble bath would feel, what my hair would look like, how it would feel driving my car, dancing on stage in front of thousands of people at the best parties. I loved that exercise so much, that I decided whether this "Secret" business worked or not I would start doing it all the time.. I left class that day not really knowing how much The Secret would effect my life, but it has changed everything.


After school that day my boyfriend and I went to Starbucks to get iced coffees. :)  ... A year later I had almost everything I had written down on my list.( I had my own car paid off, I got a boob job, I had just started dancing for v2, I had a new apartment, I had gotten a dog, I came up with an idea for a clothing line, my hair was platinum.) All of these things happened in different ways, but they did happen and are happening still. I now keep notebooks in my car, in my room, at my work, and in my purse. I have lists and lists of things I want. Whether you think it will work or not I would  suggest giving this a try. Try writing down what you want most in life and then imagining you have it already... you will be shocked how powerful a positive thought can be.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is amazing! I think about what I want everyday in my head, but I guess it's a better idea to write on my whiteboard hanging on my bedroom wall so I can see it everyday. Thank you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiration to so many i's......Peace N Lovin' it! ~Core

    ReplyDelete