Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Cave of Wonders.


I still remember my first day in the house of hot. . I begged and begged Chelsey to let me live with her even if it was just in her storage basement room.  I didn't really care what condition it was in at the time I just needed a roof and a closet. Chelsey reluctantly agreed and warned me multiple times that it was pretty scary. 

The gravity of the situation didn't really hit me though until I walked through the basement door that day and realized this was home. It was dark and musky, spider webs hung from the wooden frame boards that ran across the ceiling.  A moldy, musty, rotting carpet covered the floor of my room, the lights and electrical didn't really work, (I was flashlight status for a couple days.) I don't think anyone had ever  attemepted to live down there it was more of just a storage space under her house until then. It literally felt like the depths of despair, but in my effort to stay positive I named it "the cave of wonders." I spent every day that week down there vacuuming up the spider and cob webs, repainting, ripping up carpet, scraping up the sticky stuff under neath it with a one inch metal spatula thing, scrubbing and bleaching the floor, painting flower patterns on my walls,  I redid my whole bedroom from top to bottom. I guess I kind of redid myself in the process. 

That was almost three years ago. This sounds so crazy but I found myself in that basement I found myself in that house. I found myself with ALL the girls that lived there. We were a family there. So many laughs, so many tears, so many hugs, so much wine ;), so many talks, so many dreams, so many parties, so much dancing, so many inside jokes, so many mistakes, so many lessons, so much love. <3


...I moved out again today. Such a bittersweet day. I suppose it had to happen sometime. I'm just thankful to have had the experience and the memories I do.  The HOH days have been the best times everrr of my life so far, but I guess it's time for a change. Time for a new adventure. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment